Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Noodle is higher education’s leading strategy, services, and technology partner. We develop infrastructure, provide life-changing learning experiences, and grow the awareness of and the enrollment in some of the best academic institutions in the world. Our vision is “to empower universities to change the world.” We achieve this vision by offering our university partners various products and services that help them be more resilient, responsive, efficient, and interconnected.
The Noodle Learning Platform (NLP) is an exciting chapter in Noodle’s story: it’s our first-ever direct to consumer (and corporate employee) product. NLP offers our extensive network of top universities a clear pathway to compete in the lifelong learning and corporate upskilling markets. We partner with universities to modernize their educational offerings to meet the demands of the modern student and job market.
How does NLP serve universities?
Strategically, NLP enables our university partners to enter the non-degree space every time they launch a degree program. This drastically widens the potential candidate pool for said programs, and lowers student acquisition cost by reducing their reliance on traditional paid media channels that are increasingly competitive and expensive.
How does NLP serve students?
There’s no shortage of instructional content on the internet— but as a learner, how do you find the right content that matches your career aspirations? NLP enables learners to centralize their discovery and actual knowledge acquisition in one place. Learners can discover the best pathways for their career aspirations, as well as obtain that learning, in a more socially engaging, expert-supported, and accessible way than anything else in the market.
How does NLP serve Noodle’s overall mission?
NLP will help lower the cost of acquisition for our university partners across the board, which clearly aligns with our mission of lowering the cost of higher education.
As a Senior Full Stack Web Developer (NLP), you will:
- Architect and build exciting new features for the Noodle Learning Platform
- Define database schemas, add/modify REST endpoints, vet and integrate with 3rd party APIs
- Translate mobile & desktop wireframes into frontend components, ensuring the UX/UI is pixel perfect
- Utilize product knowledge and liaise between product and engineering to help refine requirements and ship features to enhance end-user experience
- Collaborate with the engineering team members to shape and improve engineering culture, standards, tooling, and processes
- Support engineering team with code reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years of experience working on both the frontend and backend high traffic web applications
- Extensive experience with Python, web frameworks such as Flask/Django
- Extensive experience designing/building REST APIs & using ORMs like SQLAlchemy
- Experience consuming/integrating with APIs developed internally or provided by 3rd parties such as Stripe
- Extensive experience with HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Experience with Flux/Redux, Saga, Flow
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
- Critical and analytical thinking skills with strong problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
- The position will be located in South Africa and travel is expected periodically for company/team events and client meetings either in South Africa or the Noodle office in New York.
- This is a full-time position.
- Remote working (within South Africa).
- Yearly education allowance for lifelong learning.
- Internet Allowance.
- Contribution to either Medical Aid or Retirement Annuity.
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.