Technical Support Supervisor
IT, People & HR, Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Noodle is higher education’s leading strategy, services, and technology partner. We develop infrastructure, provide life-changing learning experiences, and grow the awareness of and the enrollment in some of the best academic institutions in the world. Our vision is “to empower universities to change the world.” We achieve this vision by offering our university partners various products and services that help them be more resilient, responsive, efficient, and interconnected.
Noodle’s Support team in the Technology Solutions department provides exceptional 24/7 Tier 1 support to Noodle employees, Noodle-built product users, university partners, and international LMS clients. They represent user needs, are product experts of Noodle’s technology infrastructure, and provide training documentation & automated self help options. They also manage employee onboarding, maintain Noodle’s service desk systems, user access & security, client communications, and configuration work with QA.
The Technical Support Supervisor is based in South Africa, part of “Noodle Africa.” They report to the Technical Support Manager, manage Tier 1 Support Agents and act as an escalation point for high priority issues. Members of the Technology Solutions Support team may work outside of business hours and on weekends. Flexible scheduling adjustments will be required to ensure support coverage at all times. New employees will be required to attend training during business hours at the beginning of employment.
The Technical Support Supervisor will begin working 8am - 5pm SAST Wednesday - Sunday with an opportunity to rotate weekend coverage. Each 9-hour shift includes a 1-hour break that must be staggered with other agents working.
As our Technical Support Supervisor, you will:
- Provide exceptional support in written, oral, and live chat environments, including on-call support and scheduling
- Resolve support tickets within SLAs meeting Noodle customer service expectations
- Provide remote troubleshooting sessions for complex issues to unblock employees quickly
- Be an expert for the full inventory of Noodle products and services
- Act as a client advocate and escalation point for support issues or requests by interacting directly and coordinating quick resolutions
- Analyze ticket resolutions to identify common issues and improve self-help options
- Supervise Tier 1 agent(s) performance, 24/7 schedules, and support plans
- Oversee professional development and career planning of Tier 1 agents
- Create and maintain knowledge base documentation
- Configure and maintain AI/chatbot technology solutions including automated conversations and custom knowledge base resources
- Assist with support desk configuration and maintenance
- Manage user access, technology contracts, and vendor relationships
- Work directly with product representatives to provide clear support requirements and resolve escalated issues quickly
- Complete LMS configuration and QA tasks
- Strive to simplify and norm processes & systems used across all service desks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Matric Certificate and demonstrated people management skills.
- 3+ years of experience in technical support with strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated hands on-experience with service management software, SSO providers (i.e. OKTA), and working knowledge of Google Workspace (Docs, Slides, Sheets).
- Comfortable troubleshooting with and training end users directly while meeting SLAs.
- Comfortable taking charge of situations to resolve issues quickly.
- Can communicate effectively and concisely through text, in-person, and presentations
- Willingness to advocate for end-user needs and act as the company’s “face of technology.”
- Intrinsic drive to respond promptly and professionally to all inquiries while establishing and maintaining good rapport with employees by using positive language and anticipating their needs.
- Interest in approaching all situations with the goal of simplifying and streamlining the technology experience of all employees and/or customers.
Noodle Africa Benefits:
- The position will be located in South Africa and travel is expected periodically for company/team events.
- This is a full-time position.
- Remote working (within South Africa).
- Yearly education allowance for lifelong learning.
- Internet Allowance.
- Gym Benefit.
- Contribution to Medical Aid or Retirement Annuity.
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.