Senior Learning Designer
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Noodle is higher education’s leading strategy, services, and technology partner. We develop infrastructure, provide life-changing learning experiences, and grow the awareness of and the enrollment in some of the best academic institutions in the world. Our vision is “to empower universities to change the world.” We achieve this vision by offering our university partners various products and services that help them be more resilient, responsive, efficient, and interconnected.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle unlocks excellence in online education.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined.We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education. If you're a fellow traveler, come join us!
Creating an exceptional online learning experience requires expertise in learning design, strong attention to detail, and solid communication skills. As a Senior Learning Designer at Noodle, you will be part of a team that creates online courses and programs combining creative design, educational content and intuitive learning technology, for a sophisticated learner experience. We work with some of the top organizations and Higher Education institutions around the world.
As a Senior Learning Designer at Noodle, you will ensure the execution of the learning design agenda at Noodle by designing online programs and courses and developing course content that meet our high quality standards. You will collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) or Faculty, multimedia designers, copyeditors and project managers to deliver courses on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Excitement and creativity about the potential of online learning.
- Substantial knowledge of adult learning theory, learning science, and principles of effective online pedagogy.
- Eagerness to learn how to use online authoring tools and learning management systems quickly.
- Substantial knowledge of evidence-based instructional strategies that promote student engagement and learning.
- Accountability and a results-driven attitude.
- Professionalism and the ability to work with higher education faculty as peers.
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise.
- A customer service-focused mindset.
As a Senior Learning Designer, you will:
- Effectively leverage a wide variety of authoring tools and plugins to develop impactful learning experiences, and demonstrate application of these tools, including recommendations of when they should, and should not, be used.
- Support consulting services particularly as part of the Discovery phase.
- Create a blueprint for multiple courses comprising a program, including formulating and scaffolding high-level outcomes, course structure, delivery design, and term prep.
- Work with the Project Manager and Learning Architect to establish scope and process where it is unclear or lacking at the start of the project.
- Apply RADAR and EPIIIC frameworks to course and content design and development, and ensure the correct application of these frameworks across courses in a program.
- Manage the work, mentor, and own the quality standards for a team of JLDs and LDs on a project.
- Effectively balance the time pressures of multiple projects (2 to 4 projects) simultaneously.
- Establish and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with multiple faculty members or SMEs on a project. This includes being an expert consultant and problem-solver throughout the A&D phase, managing partner expectations on what can realistically be achieved within time and scope, and pushing back on partner requests that would compromise the learning experience.
- Mediate disagreements and/or create clarity in complex stakeholder relationships.
- Provide input on the Noodle product framework, and work with the Product team to pilot the use of Noodle products.
- Effectively handover programs to the Course Ops and Solutions Architecture teams on completion of a build.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Postgraduate qualification.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in Education or Learning/Instructional Design.
- Experience with one or more authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Rise or Storyline) and LMSs (e.g. Canvas).
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Microsoft Office.
- Experience leading project or functional teams.
- Masters degree in Education (preferred)
- Experience within the Higher Education space. (preferred)
Benefits and Perks:
- The position will be located in South Africa and travel is expected periodically for company/team events.
- Remote working, flexible hours.
- Mac or PC? You decide.
- Medical Aid or RA Opt-in benefit.
- Internet and Gym opt-in benefit.
- 20 days paid annual leave.
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning.
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.