Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
An Engineer at Tango Card delivers world-class rewards and service to our customers and also supports the development of our internal teams. This role requires passion for our people, customers, business, and technology. We expect Engineers to innovate and take risks while mitigating impact to stakeholders. We expect learning and growth to be lifelong and mentoring to be daily. We want to approach challenges directly and be transparent about issues as they arise so we can work together to overcome them.
You'll get to work with passionate, dedicated Engineers to build value into an organization that is committed to being the best in the industry. In this role, you will support building quality, secure developer tools and services, and will also function as a mentor and coach to junior developers. You'll be given opportunities to learn and expand your skills and will be expected to deliver results and help to build and develop the team.
Reports To: Engineering Director
As a Senior SDE (Full Stack) at Tango, you will:
- Contribute to the definition and modeling of Tango Card's architecture and the strategy to achieve business goals
- Evaluate and select libraries, tools, and vendors from the market (in collaboration with other stakeholders) to meet the needs of the department and business
- Design and document the implementation approach for initiatives, ensuring there is effective communication, collaboration, and review with other teams
- Integrate with internal and external services, tools, and vendors to provide functionality reliably and securely
- Implement solutions to provide best-in-class functionality to internal and external customers
- Deliver secure, performant, scalable, resilient, observable, cloud-based systems to stakeholders in an iterative methodology
- Measure and monitor new functionality for continuous feedback and improvement on performance
- Mentor team members with a focus on expanding their technical breadth and depths
- Stay curious about technology, approaches, and trends that contribute to innovating our products and services
- Build a technical community culture in and outside Engineering to foster transparency, rapport, and support
To be effective in our Senior SDE (Full Stack) role, you must have:
- Strong knowledge of JS w/ ES6+, TypeScript, and CSS
- Expertise in Java and Spring
- Skilled with Vue, React, Angular, Ember, or another modern frontend framework
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Structured Event-Driven Architecture
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Oriented Development, and SOLID Principles
- Expertise in RDBMS, including familiarity with ACID properties and transactionality
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and 6+ years of experience OR 8+years equivalent experience in software development
- Experience with production-worthy distributed systems development
Our ideal Senior SDE (Full Stack) at Tango will have most of the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years experience in web-based architecture
- 5+ years experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Expertise with responsive web implementations using something like Bootstrap, CSSGrid, or Flexbox
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- In-depth knowledge of CSS and experience with precompilers such as SASS or Less
- Familiarity with Serverless Technologies
- Experience with NoSQL data repositories
- Deeply experienced with writing tests using tools such as Cypress, Jest, Karma, Junit,etc
Salary: The targeted pay range for this position is between $144,000-$180,000. Please note that the actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonus.
#Li-DNI #Li-Remote #BI-Remote
What You'll Get From Us
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Flex PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
- Choice-First Plan allows employees to choose to Work from Home, at our Seattle HQ, or hybrid!
- A Work from Home monthly stipend for all employees
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Dog-friendly Seattle office!
What We’re Up to at Tango
Tango believes that rewards, incentives, and payments are more than transactions. They’re opportunities to fuel stronger relationships with people, and better performance for business. Whether you’re focused on customer loyalty or employee engagement, wellness or research participation, we can help you seamlessly send smiles and drive results.
Why Work for Us
We care about each other and our customers. Our team is autonomous, collaborative, creative, and eager to learn. We are an inclusive and diverse company that offers excellent health, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, and competitive compensation packages. We’re doing incredible things with awesome people, and we’d love for you to join us!
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Tango is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.
We at Tango take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment during the job application process. Please take extra caution while examining the email address of the individual you are communicating with, as scammers may misspell an official Tango email address or use a slightly modified version. Emails from us will come only from an official @tangocard.com email address. If you suspect a role or job ad is fraudulent, or that you are being contacted by a scammer pretending to be a representative of Tango, please contact us. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.