Sr. Technical Program Manager (InfoSec, DevOps)
What We’re Up to at Tango
Tango believes that rewards, incentives, and payments are more than transactions. They’re opportunities to fuel stronger relationships with people, and better performance for business. Whether you’re focused on customer loyalty or employee engagement, wellness or research participation, we can help you seamlessly send smiles and drive results.
Why Work for Us
We care about each other and our customers. Our team is autonomous, collaborative, creative, and eager to learn. We are an inclusive and diverse company that offers excellent health, dental, and vision benefits, flexible PTO, and competitive compensation packages. We’re doing incredible things with awesome people, and we’d love for you to join us!
Are you seeking an opportunity where you’ll get to work with fun, curious people, building innovative products, in a fresh and modern tech stack?
We're hiring a Senior Technical Program Manager to do just that. In this role (which sits in engineering) you will hone development areas, craft a roadmap, and have a high degree of ownership over programs in your domain areas.
This TPM will support the InfoSec and DevOps teams. That's why our ideal candidate would have: former development experience in a CI/CD, cloud-hosted (ideally AWS), production environment, and have some contextual knowledge about risk mitigation, especially in a high-transaction SaaS environment. They are equipped to discover and drive tactical delivery tasks alongside InfoSec and DevOps leadership, supporting goals and removing roadblocks.
This human should be solution-oriented and action-driven, as they will be managing multiple projects at once in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment. As a senior TPM, they will be expected to lead by influence and should elevate and empower those they work alongside daily. While you are closely connected to DevOps and InfoSec initiatives, you will work across varied cross-functional teams at Tango.
Tango's Engineering teams play an influential role in our mission: making rewards easy to send and awesome to receive! Working here, you will see the impact of your work on thousands of businesses and reward recipients every day. We’re proud of our cutting edge, product-oriented, fully remote engineering org. We like being a place people like to work - come see for yourself!
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
As Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) at Tango, you will:
- Deliver on key product and engineering initiatives: be responsible for scoping with Product teams, planning with engineering teams, and working across Architecture, Compliance, InfoSec, and BizSystems to deliver complete solutions.
- Support the Product Owner in standups, sprint planning, and reviews.
- Construct and prioritize user stories and other requirement artifacts and build a development timeline.
- Be responsible for initiatives that have complex dependencies, processes, and technologies.
- Develop and execute a SCRUM team’s roadmap in close coordination with Product Management.
- Facilitate technical design and track dependencies on domains in our platform.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks that may impair the team's ability to meet goals.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs amongst multiple work streams and domain areas.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver the best experience for our customers.
- Be part of an on-call rotation: respond to and prioritize production bugs, and perform the role of Incident Communicator during production incidents.
- Mentor junior TPMs and other teammates.
To be effective in our Senior TPM role, you must have:
- 8+ years experience in a TPM OR software engineering role, developing or operating a cloud based software product.
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud infrastructure and technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with Development Operations or Information Security teams. This includes crossfunctional stakeholders in IT, HR, Compliance, Legal and others.
- 3+ Experience with security frameworks, risk management, operations management, application security, or compliance management
- Experience with building complex, highly scalable cloud-based systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of security architecture for identity management, network management, SSDLC. Knowledge of OWASP, PCI, ISO27001 or ISO27701
- Experience leading multiple engineering or information security projects successfully in the same period
- Ability to participate effectively and influence multi-functional teams without formal authority.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present clearly to all levels of management.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
Our ideal Senior TPM at Tango will have most of the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience as Technical Program Manager, working with a cloud-based software product and securing IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Experience with red teaming, blue teaming, or operations teams
- Knowledge of how to perform or lead Security Incident Response
- Knowledge of common security tools for endpoints, vulnerability management, application security, behavioral analysis
- Knowledge of information security risk management framework or maturity models
- Experience in high-volume, transaction-based technology business
Salary: The targeted pay range for this position is between $131,000 and $164,000. Please note that the actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonus.
#Li-DNI #Li-Remote #BI-Remote
What You'll Get From Us
- Competitive compensation package (money isn’t everything, but it helps)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
- Flex PTO and a generous holiday schedule
- 401(k) matching up to 6% and equity opportunities
- Choice-First Plan allows employees to choose to work from home, at our Seattle HQ, or hybrid
- A work-from-home monthly stipend for all employees
- Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
- Dog-friendly Seattle office!
Remote Work Eligibility
Tango has a flexible work policy, allowing most employees to work from home, in our Seattle office, or in a hybrid format. We are currently set up to employ people in most states, but there are a few where we aren't able to operate yet. We anticipate expanding our operations to include more states in the future, and we welcome your application if you reside in an unapproved state. For now, we can only consider applicants from unapproved states if relocation to an approved state is an option for you. Approved states are: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Tango is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we’re strong because we’re diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.
We at Tango take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment during the job application process. Please take extra caution while examining the email address of the individual you are communicating with, as scammers may misspell an official Tango email address or use a slightly modified version. Emails from us will come only from an official @tangocard.com email address. If you suspect a role or job ad is fraudulent, or that you are being contacted by a scammer pretending to be a representative of Tango, please contact us. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.